Ever since I can remember, I have loved writing down my goals as much as I loved writing itself. Writing down my goals gave me a visual and accountability as well as kept me organized and motivated. Checking off or crossing off a goal helped me to feel good about myself. However, sometimes a goal stayed on my list for months; some never met a line or a check mark and have gotten the opportunity to join new goal lists. However, I continue this habit of writing down my goals. According to GoalBand, people with written goals are 50% more likely to achieve than people without goals (http://www.goalband.co.uk/goal-achievement-facts.html#sthash.PldSO1j0.dpuf).
So with that said, I am going to write down (well type) my top ten writing goals for 2017 and share them with you all.
Top Ten Writing Goals
- To write daily or weekly, for the mere purposes of just writing and rebuilding my discipline of a frequent writer.
- To reedit/rewrite my children’s book and find an awesome illustrator.
- To write some fiction and revisit my old short stories I wrote in my teen and college years.
- To devote quiet and prayer time towards the preparation of the devotional God gave me the idea to write.
- To brush up on my editing and writing skills. Got to strengthen my writing and editing!💪
- I know this is not writing or editing, but to read more books. It is great ro read the works of inspiring accomplished writers who have been where you have been and have honed their craft.
- To write more poetry and try to remember my poems (Help me Jesus!).
- To be as authentic and unafraid in writing down what’s in my heart.
- To help many of the young people I work with become better writers and thirsty readers excited to embrace books and unafraid to mark a paper with the beautiful arrangements of words.
- To remember writing is always fun, well always to a writer!😉
Are you a writer? What are your writing goals? If you aren’t a writer, share your goals too. I’d love to hear your 2017 goals!